Thursday, October 16, 2014

Reflection

Looking back to the design plan I over all stayed close to my initial idea. Although the posters were not ads in the 1970s they were ads during 1930's and 1940's. I went into great detail explaining how the company used their ads to attract mainly males and who they did this with the help of females. Although I do feel I could of added more about the color and tone being presented. I found it difficult in doing because the posters were rather simply besides the actual individual centered and the main focus. In my design plan I mentioned adding the increase in smokers after the ads were published, but it was difficult to find the actual publication date of the ads therefore I left that out. I covered over all how sex appeal, health, and success was being captured in the pictures of the individuals and how the company manipulated them for their fanatical benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment